The vision for Kalbar State School clearly focuses on 3 key areas:
• Educational Outcomes
• Well-Rounded Students
• Supporting and engaging community
At Kalbar State School we strive to create an environment that stimulates and challenges students to achieve optimal learning. We understand:
• All children are capable of improvements in learning
• Education is a partnership between parents, students and staff
• Students learn in different ways and their teaching programs need to reflect this
• Teachers must be motivated, skilled and supportive of each other and supported by the wider community
• Quality teaching is a critical factor in improving student achievements
Students are encouraged to become involved in some form of sport or co-curricular activity. We offer and encourage participation in extra-curricular activities to enhance the curriculum and enrich the lives of students. Each activity is designed to develop and support the individual students’ natural talents. Students are able to access sporting, cultural, intellectual, and artistic activities and while we do celebrate the thrill of the win, we also promote the value of participation.
Through these programs our students learn about teamwork, mental fitness, fair play, perseverance and how to deal with loss as well as success. Our programs promote resilience, determination and respect, which we recognise as being important for a child’s wellbeing.